Hey, y'all! Sorry for the whack ass blog schedule. I was visted my sister last week, and my flights got delayed both ways. Getting to my sister was the WORST! Somehow, every flight in my route (my first flight, my original connection, AND the rebooking of that connection) got delayed. I ended up arriving 8 hours after I was supposed to and all they gave me to compensate was a pair of $12 meal vouchers. In the end, one of them didn't even work. American Airlines has literally been around for a century, you'd think they'd have their shit a little bit more together. Anyway, the trip was fun but I am definitely glad to be home. My blog posts should be regular again starting this upcoming Sunday. I also quite a few things that I'm excited to share, but I'm too tired from flying to write it all and download all the images right now. So, that will have to come next time. Bye for now!
I don't have too much to share this week. I finished the primary patch sewing for my soda can pants, now I just need to add the can tabs how I want them. I haven't started on that yet, but I'll be sure to post pictures when I do! School's been going pretty well. In my fashion design class, we have to go through the process of designing a hypothetical collection for a pre-existing brand — brand research, theme boards, design mockups, the whole process. Honestly, I've always found projects like this uninteresting. Not because I don't think they provide valuable insight into the topic, but because I've never been good at leaning into others' aesthetics. Like, I have to research this company's "brand DNA" in order to make a suitable collection for their target customer, but what about *my* brand DNA, you know? I don't want to have to fit my creativity into the confines of some industry nonsense. My target customer is me and peop...
Comments
Post a Comment