Does anyone else hoard hobbies? As in like, constantly bouncing between different pastimes and just wanting to do everything. Obviously I like drawing and sewing and such, but I also like:
- Collecting physical media (Records, CDs, Cassettes, DVDs, Zines... all of it, really)
- Making homemade recycled paper
- Baking/Cooking
- Making jewelry
and these are just the ones I do right now. I've also been considering getting into wig making. I think my constant need to do different hobbies comes from me never really being able to do stuff when I was younger. My parents didn't necessarily forbid me from doing anything, but our family's lifestyle did make it quite hard to enjoy anything consistently. We were always moving, which made it hard to keep hobbies. My parents also constantly complained about my hobbies being too messy, too expensive, too time consuming, etc... This has pretty much made me do all the hobby hopping you'd usually do as a child much later in life. Or maybe it's just an attempt to seem cool and artsy and mysterious to get people to like me. Whatever the case, you'll probably hear about it all here. Anyway, I'm gonna go pretend to be interesting in some other way. Bye for now!
Comments
Post a Comment