Still not much to report. I've gotten pretty settled in, though my stuff is still kinda all over the place. I got my cat one of those litter robot automatic litter boxes, and it's honestly such a game changer. I always struggled to keep scooping the litter a consistent part of my schedule, but now I just have to make sure there's enough litter and empty out a tray once a week or so. Here's a picture of the special baby with the fancy shitter. His real name is Castiel, but all my friends and I call him Beebis.
I also don't have much art related stuff to share, my classes aren't really drawing heavy right now and my craft room is nowhere near organized enough to do stuff in. However, I do have one little drawing to share from my Sustainable Fashion course. The looks themselves are pretty basic, the main thing was the textiles being used. One really cool one I found during my research is called Shiringa Bio-leather. It's a woven cotton fabric coated in natural latex harvested regeneratively by the Ajuwan people of The Amazon. It's naturally water-repellant, biodegradable, and overall just a really cool fabric. I really like how the production of Shiringa helps provide jobs for Indigenous communities and keep the ecosystem safe.I also wonder why we don't utilize hemp fiber in textiles more when its better than cotton in pretty much EVERY WAY! (well I KNOW why, I just think it's dumb.) We're sitting here refusing to better our agricultural practices all because "ooga booga drugs bad." Mind you:
1: Weed is nowhere near harmful enough to warrant this fuckass behaviour
2: Industrial hemp doesn't even have enough THC to get high off of! It literally has 0.03% or less by volume.
Anyway, I'm gonna end my rant here before I'm typing all night. Bye for now!


Comments
Post a Comment