It is...so...UNGODLY HOT here. Temperatures have been 100F+ pretty consistently and it's MISERABLE! One good (but not really) thing I've learned is that oven-bake clay turns soft in heat, even after baking it. I almost had a full-on crash out because my assignment literally broke in half right after I finished taking the needed pictures. I was able to glue it back together once I brought it inside to cool off, so it wasn't TOO bad, but it sucked in the moment. Here's the assignment in question.
What is it supposed to be? No clue to be honest. The assignment was to sculpt something that represented the artistic principle of rhythm and this is what I got. I do like how it looks like it's hardcore sideeyeing the viewer despite being faceless. It's pretty funny.Next term I start my Technical Studio class, which means I'll actually get to the sewing stuff. I'm really excited (and a bit scared of the large, loud industrial sewing machine I'll be expected to use.) That starts in September, so it's a kinda far away, but I'm ready for it! Anyway, I'm gonna go start some LOONG overdue cleaning. Bye for now!

Comments
Post a Comment